Start your mission with DLR.
The German Aerospace Center (DLR) is the national aeronautics and space research centre and the space agency of the Federal Republic of Germany. Here, 8000 employees work together on a unique variety of topics in the fields of aeronautics, space, energy, transport, digitalisation and security. Their missions range from basic research to the development of innovative applications and products for tomorrow. Cutting-edge research requires excellent minds – particularly more females – at all levels, who fully achieve their potential in an inspiring environment. Launch your mission with us.
For our Institute of Optical Sensor Systems in Berlin we wish to recruit a
Group leader for research in the area of Time-Domain Spectroscopy and head of the laboratory for Femtosecond Laser Spectroscopy
The Institute of Optical Sensor Systems designs, develops, tests and utilizes optical sensors and spectroscopic techniques for different applications. In the department of “Terahertz- and Laser Spectroscopy”specific optical systems are developed with the goal to employ them for spectroscopic lab analytics and for the galactic and extragalactic remote exploration. Another focus of the work is to adapt appropriate laser-based spectroscopic techniques for the purpose of utilization on future robotic missions for the exploration of the solar system.
Your tasks entail:
- set up and management of a Femtosecond Laser Laboratory
- instrumentation development in the area of (Terahertz) Time-Domain Spectroscopy
- application and further development of optical nanoscopy techniques in the infrared and terahertz frequency range
- technical supervision of PhD students
- Diploma or Master’s degree and PhD in Physics
- several years of work experience and proven ability to work in national and international project teams and collaborations
- several years of work experience and specialist expertise in the area of femtosecond laser spectroscopy
- several years of work experience in the area of instrumentation development in ultra-fast science
- several years of work experience in heading a Femtosecond Laser Laboratory
- very good knowledge of the English language
Look forward to a fulfilling job with an employer who appreciates your commitment and supports your personal and professional development. Our unique infrastructure offers you a working environment in which you have unparalled scope to develop your creative ideas and accomplish your professional objectives. Our human resources policy places great value on a healthy family and work-life-balance as well as equal opportunities for persons of all genders (m/f/non-binary). Individuals with disabilities will be given preferential consideration in the event their qualifications are equivalent to those of other candidates.
If you have any questions concerning specific aspects of the job, please contact Michael Gensch by calling +49 30 67055-8040. Please find further information on this vacancy with the reference number 32863, and details regarding the application procedure, at www.DLR.de/dlr/jobs/#32627.